Monday, January 28, 2008

Praise to the Man


This wonderful man passed away last night. My first reaction was sadness; coming from the selfish part of me. Then turned to joy for his reunion with his sweet wife. I wish I could just see a glimpse of that wonderful rejoicing.

This man is the prophet I actually started to listen to. I was a teenager when he became our prophet. He prompted me and so many more to gain a true testimony of my own. I will always be in his debt. I have learned so much from this man.

He is the only prophet my children have known. Chloe was very sad to hear of his passing, but what a wonderful lesson to learn about eternal life. I hope that one day she will have her own prophet to urge her to find it for herself.

I love him and will miss him dearly.

1 comment:

mel said...

You totally hit the mark on this one. His tenure was one of uplifting, expansion, and testimonial growth of the Saints. As a testament of the truth of this Gospel, whoever is his successor will continue the work he started, as well as further the work of Christ. We will always have Pres. Hinckley's humble spirit with us through his messages, writings, and example.