Saturday, January 12, 2008

7-11

Last night we set out to find curtains for our Friday night activity. Now Declan has been ill for the past few days; he has spent some time with the porcelain king. He has been running into the bathroom about every thirty minutes or so. He also likes for me to sit there with him so he can lay his head on my lap. He is way to pampered.

So we were off but we begin to fear that Declan may be dehydrated and made a pit stop at the 7-11 on 16th and Thomas. I'd say on the scale of roughness it was probably a seven (as far as 7-11's go). Then Brian proceeds to ask the homeless for change and stealing their half lit cigarettes. Okay that was exaggerated for my brother's behalf, but he did go in.

As Brian is browsing the Gatorade flavors a very dingy and rough looking fella walks into the store. The clerk is on the phone not paying attention to anything. So this other guy walks behind the counter and seems to talk to himself and to my horror flashes a gun!!! What the crap!!! (Not exactly what I was saying in the moment) But ten years of marriage flash before my eyes and I am freaking out. Brian walks up front to get the o.k. on flavor choice which looks as if he is in the middle of a stick up(both hands up in the air). Could he really have missed all this while deep in thought about which drink to buy? As my heart is racing Brian hands over some of the contents of his wallet (his visa card) and has a laugh and comes to the car.

Me: What the heck was that all about?

Brian: Oh, I think that guy was drunk. Why?

Me: Oh, nothing. I just thought you were going to die, that's all.

The kids: Which flavor is mine? I want grape!

I am so glad I did not have to witness the demise of my husband. That would have been a terrible way to start the shopping trip;)

We proceeded on to our various destinations and came home with five sets of curtains and even ironed, hemmed, and hung them all before crashing at midnight!!!

By the way, 7-11 is officially off the pit stop list!

I almost watched every second of my husband's ending!!

6 comments:

Amy G. said...

That had to be SO SCARY! I've had weird dreams similar to that. Except, well, I won't go into details...

Let's just say that in my dream/nightmare my dear hubby was trying to play hero and the ending isn't pretty...

Dorothy said...

I also was thinking about Santos from Ugly Betty. weird!!!

Anonymous said...

Are you serious? How did you net call me and tell me, whatever best friend!

Val said...

O.k. that's a little scary. 16th and Thomas, not the best location. If I remember correctly. Glad my cuz is all right

mel said...

Brian should have stomped his guts out. Then he should have taken the brigand's wallet. Then he should have taken his coat and said, "Nice jacket Chachi". Then he should have said, "Chloe gets grape, Declan gets Thunder Rush".

Dorothy said...

Mel!!!!!Thanks for the laugh. Maybe next time.