Sunday, January 13, 2008

Ironing shirts

In the course of nine years and eleven months of marriage I have never done the ironing. I do on occasion when we are running late for church and I need to iron kids stuff then I will offer to do Brian's as well. But I have never done the full weekly ironing load. Now believe me when I tell you that I get a lot of slack from husbands that do not belong to me! Brian thinks it is quite funny to share this with other people(only for the reaction he gets from me, of course).

Now, do not think of me as lazy, disagreeable, or even a terrible wife. I do many things on the wifely duty chart. You should rather think of me as a very clever girl for having gone this long without doing this "chore". In fact, I even included this information in my prenuptial resume.

Anyway....Friday afternoon, I decided to do my Saturday laundry to get ahead for the weekend. What a great idea!! So I got to thinking and performed a marvelous task. I IRONED!!!!!!!!!! I even think I heard the angels sing! I surprised Brian with a closet full of pre-ironed clothes for work and church. What a lucky fella.

Who new I would get such a great response from my man. I work for kisses and appreciation and I got both that day. But sadly I had to inform him not to get use to it because I remembered why I don't do it in the first place! But I will enjoy the surprise every now and then!

4 comments:

Amy G. said...

You're not the only one who doesn't iron. I think in our whole 8.5 years of marriage I have ironed a total of 6 shirts that belonged to my hubby. I did a half donkey job to say the least and he has ironed his own shirts since.

In fact I hardly ever iron. It took me 6 month after our house invasion to figure out that they stole the iron.

Anonymous said...

You rock! Brian is one lucky man...

Val said...

That is too funny. I have to day, I do iron... my clothes. On a rare occasion I will iron certain articles of clothing for the others that live in my house. I know I'm selfish but I hate ironing too but I don't want my clothes to look wrinkly.
Although a quick trip through the line at the dry cleaners sounds like more fun to me.

mel said...

Mamasan! You no do starch! Me want starchy collar for disco!