Monday, September 17, 2007

I love lazy Sundays

I had the best Sunday yesterday! We slept in and then got everyone ready for church. We braved Stake conference and were rewarded with only an hour long meeting and a parking spot! How great is that? Then we headed out during the last song to beat the bog down and headed over to Blockbuster to return movies only to receive two credits. We ended up with three movies for the price of one...NICE!!! Then to continue tradition we ate at Super Salad for lunch. What a lovely day this was shaping out to be.

We headed home and I put on my Sunday pants (gauchos) and took a fifteen minute snooze. Then got up and looked through some fun magazines. I found a cute picture and sketched in my new fancy sketch book (that I got on clearance at Michaels). I actually had time to draw and not to brag but it actually looked decent when I was done. It has been a good ten years since I have pulled out the old tools. A little dusty (metaphorically speaking) but still workable. Brian gave a lesson on talents and I got really disappointed with myself for not having the courage to share them. So here I am on my Sunday, drawing!

Then I emerged back into the family and my mom came over for a visit and she watched TMNT with Declan and I took another nap! AWESOME. Then when she and my granny left Shannon, Ben and the little ones arrived and the kids played and the hamsters escaped and then were caught and then escaped again. A little chaotic but a very enjoyable evening. Then Brian's mom came for a visit. What a great day. We got to see the whole family (that resides in the Phoenix valley) and I didn't have to leave the house!!!

I even got to enjoy the rain drizzle down in the sunlight. Beautiful. I wish every Sunday could be like this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fabulous. Would have been even better if I would have called like I wanted to!

Shannon said...

I love days like that, I think we need to have more family fun days like that!!!