Friday, May 18, 2007

PTA

What have I gotten myself into?!! I just got voted in to be treasurer of the PTA at my kids' school. Yes it will be a nice learning experience and I will get to be involved a little more at school, but seriously do I really have the time? I guess I do now. Although after the vote and swearing in all the gals say that being treasurer in PTA is the suckiest job. Thanks ladies for the confidence builder and I hope being President and Vice President suck equally as well!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a sucker! Honestly that is the reason I didn't go last night, I was certain I'd get talked into doing it again. At least I know you won't be switching schools anytime soon. I am up for a school sponsored mani/pedi ;)

Shannon said...

You are going to be great at this, I am so excited that you are getting on this fun band wagon!!!All ya gots to do is love numbers and write checks! You are totally going to have such a great time. I am so proud of you for volunteering!!

Val said...

Dorothy-You are a sucker just like me. I have been on our PTA board since Zach was in 1st grade. He is starting 10th next week. I do have to say that I have been smart at not getting near the tresurer position-though I don't think they want someone who hasn't balanced her check book since last summer of '06.