Friday, May 18, 2007

He Rocks!

Tuesday I received a phone call from D's teacher that he had just had an accident. Of course he is still little so the first thing that comes to mind is poop. No, no not that kind of accident. He fell doing the window washing lesson and has a gaping gash in the back of his head and will require stitches ( by the way when you tell people that he fell doing window washing work at school you get some pretty funny looks)Anyway, I leave immediately and find him covered in blood and tears. Blood stinks, by the way, when in such large quantity. Then I meet Brian at urgent care because I cannot hold him down by myself and I know he will freak out with the doctor. Bleeding was under control until the nurse started cleaning the wound and was then decided that staples would be required to get it closed fast. Then they chose not to numb the area before stapling and my ears are still ringing from the blood curtling screaming in my ears. I am the one holding his hand and telling him "you are my best little buddy and you are so strong and brave and they are helping you" and he is telling me "no momma, I fine all better" over and over again. Then they staple and he freaks BECAUSE it HURTS. and he is strong enough to push up off the table only to see all of his blood. "Oh no! I bleed, I bleed." It was somewhat of a cycle through five staples. But he lived and got a sucker when we were finished. He also reminded me that he was brave on our way home. His wound is covered up by hair but if you are lucky enough to see it you will agree with me when I say it looks like Frankenstein. How cool is that. Even cooler is how I handled that event. I didn't flip out once. I think I am getting this mothering thing down.

Side note: for all you jerks out there that see my son, who looks bigger than his age, quit expecting older child behavior from these little ones!!!! The nurse at urgent care should not have started off with " Oh, he's gonna be one of those kids". What is that suppose to mean you lame retard. He is in SHOCK! Give me a break. She did redeem herself later but should have kept the stupid comment to herself.

I could not resist getting him a Superman blanket for my brave kid!
Needless to say you get special prizes when you get staples in your head.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor guy, you do rock. I would have flipped out. Maybe we'll have to bring over some special treats for Super D!

Val said...

As I'm reading this I'm freaking out. How did you do it? Good job Dorothy! I'm glad he got more than a sucker, he deserved that superman blanket!